- Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room
Important to us. Important to the planet.
We're growing and so is the world. Because of that, sustainability is critical to the short- and long-term success of our business. Here are ten trends driving our approach.
Why Sustainability Matters
- Population Growth. Nearly seven billion people growing to eight billion by 2030. That's a lot of people to feed.
- Industrialization. A rising middle class with greater expectations and demands.
- Globalization. We're interconnected like never before. Consider all the products in our hotels—from wood to carpet to soap to mattresses to food. We think about where they're made and where they're going.
- Resource Depletion. More growth, more people, more needs.
- Legislation. Ever-changing laws governing how we build and operate.
- Costs. Energy, water, and waste are among our largest operating expenses.
- Supply Chain. Not just comfy beds and other products we put in our hotels, but products and services we supply to hotel guests around the world.
- Innovation. New ideas by looking through the prism of sustainability.
- Development. Opportunities to enrich lives in the communities where we grow our brands.
- Talent. Desirable work surroundings for our greatest asset—people—so they can deliver memorable guest experiences.
Add it up. Sustainability has to be part of our core business model.