- Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room
Sustainability is a brand standard.
Sustainability is now a critical performance measure of our business just like quality, service, or revenue. Hilton Worldwide is the first major multi-brand hospitality company in the industry to make this commitment.
LightStay™ – From Commitment to Action
The LightStay™ system analyzes performance across 200 operational practices, such as housekeeping, paper product usage, food waste, chemical storage, air quality, and transportation. LightStay™ also provides a “meeting impact calculator” feature that calculates the environmental impact of any meeting or conference held at a property.
We leverage LightStay™ to improve our sustainability performance on a continuous basis and all of the more than 3,800 properties are required to use LightStay™ by December 2011.
- We understand the impact of property level and corporate initiatives and share best practices across the global system.
- Continuous Improvement
- Sustainability isn't a program. Instead, sustainable actions are integrated into how we deliver hotel performance around the globe and a better experience for our guests.
- LightStay™, our proprietary system, analyzes and reports sustainability performance at each property.
- Reporting & Verification
- We use a third party to verify our system, processes, and results. Just like a financial statement, we can validate current performance while establishing benchmarks for continuous future improvement.
In 2010, Hilton Worldwide properties reduced*:
- 6.6% Energy use
- 3.8% Water use
- 7.8% Carbon output
- 19% Waste output
*Savings normalized against 2008 baseline.